When embarking on a job search (or even have one underway), have you found that the types of questions you are being asked go well beyond “tell me about yourself” and “are you a team player”? We thought so. Thus, we have compiled questions from a variety of sources to help you prepare for a wide array of possibilities.
· Do you consider yourself a patient person?
· Are you an introvert or an extravert?
· How do you describe your personality? What would you change?
· Do you speak any other languages?
· Are you able to multitask?
· What office equipment are you able to use?
· How has your attendance record been?
· How are you with handling accents?
· How do you handle stressful situations?
· How many phone lines are you comfortable handling?
· Are you capable of handling multiple inquiries: staff, front door, customers, phone?
· What software are you comfortable using?
· What filing system do you use?
· Are you comfortable placing cold calls to leads and existing clients?
· Do you have experience making national and international travel arrangements?
· Are you willing and capable of traveling should we require you to accompany a manager or executive on a business trip?
· What is typical attire for you while working? Dress slacks? Casual?
· How are you at handling as-needed projects? Do you mind unexpected tasks?
· Do you consider yourself a brisk worker or one who is slower paced yet persistent and consistent?
· Outline the types of people or teams that you have supported over the years.
· Why do you want to work at this company?
· What did you like/dislike about your last job?
· What is your biggest accomplishment?
· What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness?
· Do you prefer to work with others or on your own?
· What are your career goals?" or "Where do you see yourself in five years?"
· Tell me about a time that you had a lot of work to do in a short time. How did you manage the situation?
· Have you ever had to work closely with a person with whom you did not get along? How did you handle the situation?
· Why should we consider you rather than someone else for the position?
· Why did you leave your last position?
· What did you think of your last boss?
· What interests you about the position?
· What do you know about the company?
· How would you rate yourself in your technical skills?