Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Exchange Calendar

When I populate my boss' calendar and mark a calendar invitation "Private" I cannot then open it, view it, or change it. Is there a way to unlock the calendar entry? Thanks.

Submitted by: Joyce McSweeney

ReplyPosted By
The owner of the calendar (your boss) must delegate permission. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/allow-a-delegate-to-see-private-appointments-HP005251643.aspx Anonymous on 9/21/2011 8:14:31 AM
Your boss can adjust his proxy rights for you so you also have rights to his private appointments. Then you don't need to be logged in as him, you can still do everything from your computer as normal, but you will then also be able to view the private appointments. You can set these for him by going to his computer and making the proxy adjustments. Kimberly Kissel on 9/15/2011 3:45:23 PM
In Outlook, you will need to be logged on as your boss (or he can do it). Then you will need to change the delegate settings to say you can view "private" meetings on his calendar. In Office 2010 you would go to Information/Account Settings/Delegate Access. This is in the same area which allows your boss to allow you to accept meetings for him, have access to his contacts, etc. Hope this helps. Anonymous on 9/15/2011 3:38:58 PM
Your boss will need to provide you access to his/her "private" appointments in Outlook. You will then be able to open, view and modify the entries. Kathi Robinson on 9/15/2011 2:53:05 PM
We use Outlook and the only way I know to modify a calendar entry marked private is to be logged in as the actual calendar owner (ie be logged in as your Boss, not as someone w. access) Jamie on 9/15/2011 2:36:50 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread