Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Lunch at your workarea or lunch in the breakroom?

When I first started my current job I was part time so I only got a 15 min. paid break. I also worked another job so depending on my schedule for the day I would have to eat my lunch on my 15 min. break. I ate lunch at my desk one day and my boss informed me that we shouldn?t eat at our desks because we are on the front lines. We work on the 1st floor of our building and have visitors and coworkers down our hall all the time. But my boss will eat in their office at their conference table (hiding behind a wall so no one sees them). Their other thoughts on lunch are that we all shouldn?t go at the same time if possible (someone should be there just in case). We had a new person start in our department a year and half ago and I told them this. So they eat at their conference table almost everyday (I think so that someone will be in the office in case needed and so they are proving to our boss they can be that person. I also think because they don?t like to socialize with others). I'm a very friendly outgoing person (once I'm awake). And I like to socialize with my friends, coworkers etc. So I like to eat lunch with my coworkers to get to know them in the breakroom. What I don't understand is when my coworker eats lunch at their table they leave their door wide open and their light on ? their table is like a foot from their door. So if you are coming around the corner you think oh they are in and I can ask them a question. Then you get there and realize they are eating so you feel stupid. If you don't want to socialize go out to eat or shut your door. They get more interruptions then probably eating done. (I honestly feel it?s a way for them to get attention without having to go socialize). But don?t do it?s annoying.

Submitted by: Annoymous

There are currently no replies to this thread.

Return to ForumsReply to Thread