Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Recommendation for Electric Stapler needed

I am looking for a good heavy duty electric stapler that will last more than a few months! My office supply rep recommended 2 different staplers--Bostitch Impulse and Swingline Optima. I initially tried the Swingline for a couple employees but the staplers jammed constantly so I returned them and then purchased the Impulse staplers for 6 of my employees. These have been nothing but trouble, excessive jamming and on average breaking within 3-6 months of use. I welcome your input!

Submitted by: Debra

ReplyPosted By
I highly recommend Rapid by Esselte. It is a heavy duty stapler that is so light. You only need one hand to push it down. It can use different sizes of staples designed for this stapler. Anonymous on 6/21/2013 8:46:27 AM
I have been using the Swingline model 440 for the last 10 years with no problems. Terwa on 6/18/2013 1:38:32 PM
I have had much frustration with staplers over the years and have found that it is important to use the designated staples for each stapler. Generic staples or other brand staples just do not work. Debbie on 6/18/2013 1:22:35 PM
I use the Swingline Optima 45 and am pleased with it. You must use the Optima staples with it, regular staples will cause it to jam. I have been using this stapler for two years now. I know the employees in the accounting dept. use this model also and the guys are really rough on it so I am not sure if that has any bearing on your situation or not. I hope that you find one that works for you. tlk on 6/18/2013 1:11:12 PM
I have been using a Panasonic, AS-302NN for a few years. I don't recall the capacity - maybe 20 sheets. On the plus side - it uses regular staples. Some things to consider: capacity, type of staples, price. I, too, had difficulty finding a decent stapler. You may have to pay more, but in the long run it will be worth it! Anonymous on 6/18/2013 12:43:16 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread