Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Job responsibilities

I need your assistance. I have an employee who has been talking about retiring for about 2 years now. She is constantly asking another employee how to do some of her job responsibilities that she has been doing for more than twelve years. After she has been shown repeatedly how to do things - she still can't seem to get it! I have told her to write the steps down if she can't remember them. The other employee who she keeps asking in finding it her to do her job with all of the questions and interruptions and has complained to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could handle this issue? Thank you so much.

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
When the annual review time comes around is the review written as favorable performance or unfavorable performance? If there is bonus money involved is there a reward poor performance? In the meantime and not knowing the company policy, there is always the written warning. If the behavior proceeds there is probation period that could be implemented Either way, this may discourage the delay of retirement when the employee feels unappreciated by such action taken. Have you ask the employee the reason for the delaying the retirement? Perhaps knowing the reason the company may be able to assist in the forward action in some way. Rita Rossi on 6/7/2014 7:20:04 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread