Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Microsoft Word - Print Invitations

I've created a holiday invitation in Word that will be printed on 3.8"x9.1" card stock. The invitation has a picture at the top of the page above the text that I want to cover that portion of the page (no margins showing, just the picture). I can't seem to print the invitation without the left and top margin showing around the picture. Does anyone know how to fix this? How can I print the picture to cover the top part of the paper and cover the top left and right, and top margins? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
My suggestions were going to be the same as those below. However, if you must print in Word and can't find a solution...pull out the old fashioned paper cutter and trim off the small excess edges. There are still times when "old" methods prevail technology. LOL (Where's the carbon paper when you need it!) Anonymous on 11/12/2013 9:45:30 AM
I've created many invitations over the years and my best advice would be to create it in PowerPoint. Unless you have a printer that will print to the edge of the page, there will be a white border surrounding the picture. You can buy special cardstock that will print to the edge (PTE Item #52810-250) from www.desktopsupplies.com but the size of the printed document will have to be 5x7 for this particular cardstock. You might be able to find PTE cardstock in the size you want but it's doubtful. Good luck! Anonymous on 11/11/2013 6:26:27 AM
I'm assuming you've gone into page layout & set all the margins to 0? And no headers or footers? I will say that I many times prefer using PowerPoint when I work with photos/images as there just seems to be more options, easier to manipulate. If you want to experiment there while you're trying to find an answer. Good luck! Anonymous on 11/8/2013 4:33:13 PM
Thanks, Julie. I tried that but the problem is when you view the invitation in Print Preview mode, it still shows the top and top left margin. When you view the file from the regular screen you can see that the picture covers the all of the top of the page. It's really odd. Anonymous on 11/8/2013 4:08:55 PM
Are you able to click on the picture with your right mouse button and then select "Wrap Text", then select "In front of text". Seems like once you click on the picture you should be able to stretch it to the top and sides of the page. Julie Minegar Stasi on 11/8/2013 3:56:04 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread