Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Seminar Outline

I need some assistance putting together an outline or overview of what I learned at a recent seminar and would like to know if anyone else has done this. Perhaps someone has a template that they use if they attend seminars often. It is very important that I show my boss the benefits of my attendance to assist me in gaining approval for future programs.

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
I always go to the Word templates as my resource. If not there, I go to the internet. Lois Rockwell on 8/20/2015 10:53:11 AM
Should anyone be interested in the outcome of my summary: I used an internal memo format. I also thanked my boss for providing me with the opportunity to attend the conference and then went on the summarize four main topics with one to two bullets each. I'm ready with detailed notes should she ask me for additional information. Oh and lastly, I also listed three main goals at the closing. Anonymous on 10/29/2014 3:45:14 PM
I use the itinerary of the seminar as the outline and use bullet-points under each speaker or heading as to what the important points were that I learned. I also use the break and meal times to list networking with fellow attendees. Glenna Brandstatt on 10/16/2014 3:16:01 PM
Thank you for your feedback. I absolutely know what I learned. I think it may be in the way I wrote it. I simply needed a way to convey it or lay it out. Anonymous on 10/16/2014 2:37:41 PM
I agree. This has to come from you. And quite frankly, it should be an easy task for an AA or AE. A receptionist or office assistant, on the other hand, may not have the skill set to professionally develop such a list. Anonymous on 10/16/2014 1:37:04 PM
I personally think this can only come from you. Make a list of the things that you learned. Once the list is compiled, group them into categories (i.e. "Customer Service" with bullet points underneath about each thing you learned relative to Customer Service). This next comment is not meant to be nasty, but falls in line with the reason task your boss has given you: if you can't readily identify or relay what you learned, then was it truly beneficial for you to attend? Food for thought. Anonymous on 10/16/2014 1:32:27 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread