Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Terminated Employees

Does anyone have any policies on how to handle an employee who has been notified of their dismissal in 2 to 4 weeks due to cutbacks? It is very difficult for coworkers to find ways to ease the transition and not feel guilty that you are not being let go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
As an older employee who was in that situation just over 2 years ago, I decided to retire. Not everyone can do that. I know its difficult, but I put together a desk manual for the individuals who would take on my duties. I also provided my contacts list, did an introductory phone call or face to face with my counterparts and a step by step procedures for all admin procedures, correspondence, security, supplies, timekeeping, etc. my suggestion would be to provide Resume assistance for the downsized employee. Maybe additional training could be scheduled so that their experience would be expanded. Honora Daly on 4/4/2017 10:45:36 AM
It would be hard on the company to lose the worker, but maybe better way would be when they are notified, have them go ahead and leave, with the pay. That not only would give staying employees a workplace without feeling bad for staying, but it would also give the outgoing employee time to look for another job. Julie Minegar Stasi on 4/3/2017 11:44:36 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread