Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Mother's Day flowers for team members

I work for a non-profit organization. I support the SVP, we have a team of 45 people in our division. In our team we have 18 who are mothers. He wants to send a bouquet of flowers to each of the moms in the group. He asked me for my opinion on this. I informed him that other team members may feel slighted since they do not have kids and do you anticipate doing something similar for the men for Father?s Day. He is rethinking the flowers idea. Any ideas on doing something that is inclusive of the entire group, but focus on the mother?

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
Hi there. Please check out my website, I sell all kinds of flowers, gift baskets, cookies, and lots more! Something for everyone! http://yourgiftgal.us Kathy J. on 4/6/2017 7:27:10 AM
How about providing lunch for the entire team to honor both Mother's Day and Father's Day. I'm retired now, but we used to do this in the office, and I think we all enjoyed it. Honora Daly on 4/5/2017 10:17:30 AM
Everyone may not be a mom, and some of the dads may be single parents acting like mom and dad all in one. We might not all be moms, but we have all HAD moms. So maybe some treats on a table for all in honor of OUR MOTHERS that had us and made if possible for all of you to be here today! Julie Minegar Stasi on 4/5/2017 9:21:21 AM
if he would give all the women flowers that would be appreciated and wouldn't exclude anyone. also, maybe a nice get-together with everyone for a meal at a local restaurant - not sure of the cost comparison to giving flowers though. good suggestion of giving a cup, mug or other items to all of them as well. sylvia frey on 4/5/2017 8:56:35 AM
Nicely decorated cupcakes for the entire team to share in honor of Mother's Day would be a nice idea. This way you leave no one out. Anonymous on 4/5/2017 8:43:55 AM
I think the flowers would be okay if he gave all the women flowers. I think all women, whether they have children or not, are mother figures. I also work for a nonprofit social service agency. Men could get a coffee mug, water bottle, or a watermelon!!! Hope my input helps. Denise Yonkers on 4/4/2017 7:12:46 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread