Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Taking Back My Job Duties without Conflict with another employee

There's an employee that had taken over some of my duties while I was out on sick leave. I became very ill and was out for three months. Upon my return, which I have been back for over six months now, she refuses to relinquish my duties and ignore my friendly reminders that I am back and am capable of doing my job. Please send me suggestions as to how to eliminate confusion and continue to maintain my job duties with this employee without getting the supervisor involved as I want to show that I am capable of handling conflict.

Submitted by: Irene Scott

ReplyPosted By
My suggestion would be to be firm about your position and duties! You tried the ?friendly reminders,? so perhaps now you should give her a written summary of her duties along with a summary of your duties to end any confusion on her part. This will cover two bases, you now have written documentation and proof of your attempts to gain back your rightful duties. Good Luck! Diane Diane Carfo on 4/24/2017 1:24:14 PM
I agree with Debbie on this. Supervisor needs to be involved. Suzie on 4/21/2017 7:08:22 AM
I am afraid that you will have to get your supervisor involved. Tell your supervisor which tasks have not come back to you and ask your supervisor if he/she has assigned them to her permanently? Let the supervisor know you are ready to hit the ground running, but if your position has changed you would like to know what you role now includes. Your supervisor may have made changes and maybe your co-worker does not want to tell you. Don't let time pass. Clarify your position with your supervisor. Debbie on 4/21/2017 6:37:03 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread